Hackeriet is a members-owned non-profit association. Members have a hand in the running of the organisation as well as 24/7 access to the space.
Membership is paid monthly by standing order. We ask that you pay what you think the space is worth to you. Running an organisation like this in Oslo isn't cheap, so please be as generous as you can. The space requires our members to contribute an average subscription of kr 250/month to survive. For students, retirees or low income members the minimum subscription is kr 150/month.
How to become a member¶
Please visit us on any of our open-for-everyone events. When we're open, just ring our doorbell ( http://door.hackeriet.no/ ) and come in. We would like to get to know you a bit before you can become a member.
- Regular members: 250kr monthly / 2750kr yearly
- Students : 150kr monthly / 1650kr yearly
- Sponsorship membership: as much as you wish. Our suggestion: 500kr monthly / 5500kr yearly
Members should pay by bank transfer to account number: 1254.05.75124.
If you can, keep our accountant sane (slash happy) and pay your membership around the 1st of the month.
Avoid the hassle of monthly payments and get a discount by paying a yearly membership fee.
Supporting membership is for those who wish to support Hackeriets activities financially. We can provide invoices for supporting members upon request. Contact finance - AT - hackeriet.no
Who can be a member?¶
- anyone with an active interest in hacking
What to do as a new member?¶
- come to a talk, a workshop, a meeting
- hold a talk, tell us something fun
- send a mail on the mailinglist, introduce yourself and what you're interested in
- get a membership card
- interact with the vending machine
- get access to the BBS
- hang out on #oslohackerspace
- work on projects together
- join our workshops
- host a workshop
What do I get for the fee / What is my membership fee used for?¶
Hackeriet exists for us to pool our resources, exchange experiences, let us teach and learn, share equipment and offer us a physical place to do this. To achieve this, we need funding.
The membership fee is our primary source of funding and is currently used to pay rent, fund workshops and buy equipment that you the members find useful at a hackerspace.
While we urge you to become a full member, we don't require you to have one in order to visit us on one of our weekly meetups.
Full members get...¶
- Their own storage space (currently minimum one 15 liters box) in our locker where you can store your project stuff.
- Voting rights at the general assembly meetings, as stated in our /bylaws.
- Right to participate in membership meetings, first Tuesday of every month.
- Membership card for unlocking doors and getting Club Mate from the vending machine.
You need two keys:
- a key card, which opens the space itself, and
- a Haus key, which opens many doors at Hausmania, including the front door (at least until we build more keycard stations).
We produce our own keycards, but need to order the Haus keys.
Email styret - at - hackeriet.no and request a key, and we will order one for you. There is a 400kr deposit for keys, deposit is paid by bank transfer to Hackeriets main account (see Money).