Hackeriet is a members-owned non-profit association. Members have a hand in the running of the organisation as well as 24/7 access to the space.
Membership is paid monthly by standing order. We ask that you pay what you think the space is worth to you. Running an organisation like this in London isn't cheap, so please be as generous as you can. The space requires our members to contribute an average subscription of kr250/month to survive. For students, retirees or low income members the minimum subscription is kr 100/month.
- Regular members: 250kr monthly / 2750kr yearly
- Students and the homeless: 50kr monthly / 500kr yearly
- Enterprise members: 500kr monthly / 4000kr yearly
- Sponsorship membership: as much as you wish. Our suggestion: 500kr monthly / 5000kr yearly
Avoid the hassle of monthly payments and get a discount by paying a yearly membership fee.
The "Student" membership is limited to those with a restricted financial situation and/or the lack of a regular paycheck.
The "Enterprise" membership exists for those who are employed and where the employer offers membership in relevant organisations as a fringe benefit.
"Supporting" membership is for those who wish to support Hackeriets activities financially.
"Regular" membership is for everyone else.
Pay now by regular bank transfer, find our account number on the Money page.
Optionally pay cash in person to one of the board members.
Membership is valid for a full month from the payment date.
Who can be a member?
- anyone with an active interest in hacking
What to do as a new member?
- come to a talk, a workshop, a meeting
- hold a talk, tell us something fun
- send a mail on the mailinglist, introduce yourself and what you're interested in
- get access to the BBS
- hang out on #oslohackerspace
- work on projects together
- join our workshops
- host a workshop
What do I get for the fee / What is my membership fee used for?
Hackeriet exists for us to pool our resources, exchange experiences, let us teach and learn, share equipment and offer us a physical place to do this. To achieve this, we need funding.
The membership fee is our primary source of funding and is currently used to pay rent, fund workshops and buy equipment that you the members find useful at a hackerspace.
While we urge you to become a full member, we don't require you to have one in order to visit us on one of our weekly meetups.
Full members get...
- Their own storage space (currently minimum one 15 liters box) in our locker where you can store your project stuff.
- Voting rights at the general assembly meetings, as stated in our bylaws.
Full members get keys to the space, however some members don't have keys and some non-members have keys, because having keys also entails some responsibilities that we don't require from our members. Go read the keys page.
Start supporting us today!
|Paying member statistics|
|Month||Full member||Student member|
- June 2012 - June 2013
- November 2012 - November 2013
- January 2013 - January 2014
- February 2013 - February 2014
- April 2013 - April 2014
- May 2013 - May 2014
[Number of paying members]
Showing changes from previous revision.