Goals for the hackerspace.
- Create a place where people can go to play with technology, create and collaborate in Oslo.
- Be an independent and technology-independent force to promote creativity and open culture.
- Be an egalitarian organization where decisions are driven by willingness to contribute.
- Provide physical space and equipment for the member's projects, making it as easy as possible for everyone to get started, without fear of getting their things stolen from the space.
- A space for curiosity, because that is was hacking is. Asking questions how things work: technically, socially, politically, philosophically. Hackers are curious people who dont believe what they are told or sold. A Hackerspace is a place to find answers you won't get somewhere else.
- A space for nonconformity, a thinktank for adventures outside-of-the-box. Modern industrial societies offer lots of possibilities. What can these possibilities be used for? The hackerspace recycles and rethinks offers and concepts made by the industry and society (our culture), it testdrives and doubts the tools of civilisation for new visions and alternative concepts.
Showing changes from previous revision.