Common use Cupcake 3d printer status 02.08.12
- Fixed issue with clogged extruder head
- All the insulation was burnt off the heater wire for the extruder, so a temporary fix was made with teflon tape.
- lowered the Wattage of the heating element with a TP cable resistor so the teflon would not burn off.
- Mechanically it should be operational.
- It had some mental issues when we did the repairs on Wednesday, so this must be figured out. Possibly new firmware on controller boards?
- There is a lot of loose bolts and stuff like that, so after it is working it should have a good check.
- Do not use locktite on nuts since the fumes are cryptonite to the plexiglass used in the printer.
- Make all the cables tidy, so they don't get stuck in some gears.
- Happy printing :)
Possibly future improvements:
- Tweak the PID temperature controller for the extruder head to get a more stable temperature, and better prints.
- Heated build platform. I have never tried printing without it but I think that would be a huge improvement.
- Do a more permanent fix for the extruder.
- End stops for automatic homing.
zerox is going back to Mandal, so now someone else has to do the rest. Good luck :)
Showing changes from previous revision.